Bridge over troubled waters

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 07:46:46 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 11:24 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: Bridge over troubled waters

>I don't have any disagreement with Pianotek's recommendations.
>
>#46 (0.0810) for #7 (0.086)
>#42 (0.0935) for #8 (0.096)
>#36 (0.1065) for #9 (0.109)
>#30 (0.1285) for #10 (0.135)
>

>Ron N
>
>Thanks Ron.  I looked at their bit sizes and wondered if they might be a
>little too tight; will try them.
>
>Paul C

if you think so, there's

#45@0.082, or 2.15mm@0.0846 for #7
3/32@0.0938, or 2.4mm@0.0945 for #8
2.75mm@0.1083 for #9
3.3mm@0.1299, or 3.4mm@0.1339 for #10

Available - somewhere else... <G> Surely there's room for experimentation
here, depending on capping material.

I like to drive them with a little epoxy, which tends to lubricate and
soften up the hole some, so Pianotek's sizes seem to work OK for me, even
in the laminated cap.

Ron N

I've got an indexes with these sizes.  I like the epoxy "driving fluid."  To
date I've used nothing in the holes.  It's worth a few test fits.
Thanks, Ron

Paul C