P12 in Tunelab Pro

Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:05:01 +0200

Dave...

Which way did you learn to tune ? Virgils natural beats... or useing
perfect 12ths system ?

RicB

David, John, Ric, List,

I learned to tune this way about a year ago. It makes decent pianos
sound good, and good pianos sound great. Can't say I do it on every
rental spinet I tune, but I have fewer and fewer of those to contend
with; it has been a career altering educational experience for myself
and my clients.

Pianos seem to expand, brighten, come to life. One of my clients said
his piano sounded louder. Many have said that their pianos have never
sounded so good, or in tune. Very rewarding stuff, great technique. Who
originated this tuning method? I may have missed something here
somewhere...:-(

Dave Stahl