neat things found in grands

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:37:59 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Bruce" <Gary.Bruce@oc.edu>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 9:22 PM
Subject: RE: neat things found in grands

     On the "old list" of a couple years ago, this same subject came up and
someone had a long list compiled over an entire career.  (But it wasn't
limited to grands).  Almost anything you could think of from stale
sandwiches to dead animals and diamond rings to toilet paper had been found
in pianos.  I found a dead bird just last year in a studio upright in a high
school cafeteria.  And one time, the equivalent of about a 5-lb. bag of
dogfood under the keys and down in the bottom that mice had carried in
morsel by morsel.  (Lady wondered why her keys wouldn't go down and made
crunching noises).
    The list is endless; my favorites are antique stuff -- old coins,
trolley tokens, gas rationing stamps, original price tags, dealer receipts,
etc.   --David Nereson, RPT