neat things found in grands

Gary Bruce Gary.Bruce@oc.edu
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:22:52 -0500

Here's mine.
=20
Old upright.  Needs tuning and some keys don't seem to be playing =
correctly.  After playing the usual chromatic bass to treble, I can tell =
there's an octave that's heavier than the rest.  The lady asks if I need =
anything.  I say "No thanks, I think I can take care of it."  I figuered =
it would be another "pencil-ectomy" or something similar. =20
=20
She wonders if I would mind if she left the house for a few minutes to =
run to the store.  She needed to purchase a gift for her grand-daughter =
and get it in the mail.  It was fine with me.  As I continue to remove =
case parts I discover the source of the heavy keys.  A cardboard box =
about 9 inches long 1 1/2 deep & 6 inches wide.  It has something in it. =
 Appears to be brand new, inside a nice ladies wallet; still in the =
plastic, with fake pictures, credit cards and all, never been opened.
=20
The lady came in to tell me she's leaving.  I hand her the box with =
contents put back inside and ask her if it she had been missing it.   =
She says she's never seen it before and opens it with caution.  Upon =
discovering its contents she's very pleased and says "I don't need to go =
to the store now.  This is exactly what I was going to purchase for my =
grand-daughter." =20
=20
Wierd.
=20