soft pedal on new Kawaii

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 15:08:10

Hi Julia,

Using the soft pedal on uprights made with out lost motion compensators is
quite futile. Put it back to where the hammer rail is resting on the
brackets and hope for the best.

There will be little tonal difference. Remember this pedal does something
entirely different in a grand piano. Uprights with 3 pedals sell better
than those with 2 pedals.

At 04:13 PM 25/07/2004 EDT, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>               I checked the distance of the hammers and the pedal, caused
>the hammers, sure enough, to get closer to the strings, but the tone of
>playing did not get softer as it should; I mean alomost NO tonal
difference.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.