Advertising on your car or truck?

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 19:43:57 -0300

Hi Cy,
I drive a Dodge Mini van, it is my 5th.
I have reflective signs, on the windows. They work well, as an advertisement.
Frequently, I will have people approach me, in malls, and even on the road, I can see them copying the telephone number. I live in a rural area, so I have a 1-800 #, which I wish I had gotten years, before I did.
With a car, I would suggest, the magnetic signs, which can be removed. Have them made properly, so that people, have no suspicion, that you are not a professional. (no suspicion, is not what I meant to say, but the proper terminology, has slipped my mind.) :-(
Best regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cy Shuster
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 10:40 AM
  Subject: Advertising on your car or truck?

  List,

  Do you have advertising on the vehicle you drive?  What works best?

  I use the same car for tuning and personal use (a Forester).  We don't have front license plates here in West Virginia, so I was thinking of making one with my company name and phone number.  Then it occurred to me that it might be more effective to put lettering on the back window, where someone following me might see it long enough to copy the number down.  Then an even better idea came to me: ask for your combined millions of years of experience.

  Suggestions?

  --Cy Shuster--
  Bluefield, WV

  P.S.  I visited a piano dealer near me this week (western part of Virginia), and they said between their two stores, they keep 16 techs busy!  Let's see, 20 pianos a week * 50 * 16 = 16,000 pianos!!  (Maybe I heard wrong, and it was "six teenage techs"?)