Steinway upright sticker hinges

Dave Doremus algiers_piano@bellsouth.net
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:25:32 -0500

On 7/22/04, JWyatt1492@aol.com said:

>Hello Dave:
>
>    If it was a hinge it is probably
>vellum.

Hi Jack and Tom, Thanks for the replies. I have used vellum and
parchment frequently for english, square and viennese actions. You
can get it (and glue) from bookbinders although I have used Fletcher
and Newman for that and other things with great success. I was
curious if anyone had any contact with an upright that vintage in
original enough condition to tell. I'm not sure that parchment is the
best choice in this situation both because it would be a bit thin for
the gap it would fit into and because the sticker actually rides on
it and smooth leather may give a better result. (I may have to learn
how to use the kids digital cameras :-) )
--
----Dave

Dave Doremus, RPT
New Orleans