Items in your tuning kits that you would not be caught without?

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:13:23 -0500

12" long phillips & straight screwdrivers
long straight screwdriver with small head (for damper block screws,
etc.)
lid prop
thick & thin felt strip mutes
4 grand mutes
2 "regular" stick mutes
1 very skinny stick mute (used at the tenor break and, usually, on the
treble notes that have dampers)
Red Devil 5-In-One painting tool (used for scraping, prying, removing
felts, removing keytops--absolutely indispensable, to me)
small flashlight
telescoping magnetic pick-up
"grabber" type screw starter
jack holder-downer-spring-thingy
electronic humidity/temperature meter (wanna sell some Dampp-Chasers?)
piece of tool box drawer liner (used as a protective mat when laying
tools down on a nice finish)
roll-up regulating kit
looooong pair of big tweezers
short-handled paint brush (for dusting off bridges, etc.) and a
reasonably clean rag

Everything else is in the truck. And I mean EVERYTHING--including
tilter, supply of CA, key carrying clamps, action cradle, etc., etc.

I work in a very rural area and travel up to two hours to some clients.
I don't want any extra trips if I can avoid them.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO