Regular maintenance actions performed during tuning calls?

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:49:31 -0700 (PDT)

Rick,
I don't have specific routine services that I include
at no extra charge.  However, if there is some minor
thing I can correct in a minute or two, I may do it
for free and notate that on the bill as "no charge".
This may be something like correcting lost motion
(verticals) on a couple of notes, or tightening a few
hammer flange screws.

Beyond really quick things, I look at the general
condition of the regulation, action parts wear, etc.
and make a note on future maintenance recommendations
that I may make.  If it's only my first or second
visit with this customer, I may wait on the
recommendations, if possible, so they won't think this
new tuner that they have called comes in and right off
the bat wants to make a lot of money off of them.

Bob Hull