Veneering large surfaces sucessfully

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:50:29 -0700 (PDT)

I have never been 100% happy with any large-surface
veneering I have done ( always a little wavy ). But I
have used contact cement, then pounded on the surface
to get it glued "flat". And Elmer's glue, allowed to
dry, then ironed together. ( Plenty of heat/pressure!
)
In both cases a non-uniform glue layer seems to be the
main culprit in preventing flat resulkts, so use
aroller, spray can...whatever...to insure this!
    I would certainly like to see a tech who has been
sucessful  in creating a glass-flat re-veneering come
forth and share his/her secret!!!
     Thump

--- Andrew & Rebeca Anderson <anrebe@zianet.com>