hr rate; complete regulation of the grand piano

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:15:19 -0700

Yeah...in 1974 I was charging $20/tuning and I was the highest.  =
 Time to check what the local tradespersons get for plumbing,=
 electrical and make sure your not selling yourself short.   You=
 might be surprised how many people thing the most expensive must=
 be the best...
David Ilvedson ...

From: Avery Todd <avery@ev1.net>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: hr rate; complete regulation of the grand piano

Julia,

I understand that you have to "live with" the market you're in.=
 But that
price now-a-days, is totally unbelievable!

When I moved to Houston 12 yrs. ago, I'd been charging $45.00 in=
 a small
town in West Texas and I was the highest priced tuner in town.=
 But thanks
to tuning for the symphony and the university there, I was able=
 to get it.
Others were charging as little as $19.00!

When I got to the university here, my predecessor had been=
 charging $65.00
for an off-campus tuning, so I went up to that. I'm now charging=
 (for a
couple of yrs. now) $85.00 and should probably charge more.=
 Several in town
are.

Good luck on getting your prices up to where they "should" be!

Avery