string ringing, buzzing, etc.

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:16:21 -0400

Hi,

Ever since I bought my piano the G above middle C was mostly
"untunable" - in that there was a high ringing wave that wouldn't go
away entirely, but it was tolerable. Actually, many of the notes
between middle C and the octave above have this sound.

Reading through the list I thought it might have to do with string
levelling and I noticed the middle string was a bit lower. So I pulled
it up a bit, really just a bit. Now it's worse :) Not tolerable
anymore.

I'm desperate for a solution! Any ideas? Thanks.

- John