Fwd: Renner Blues

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 10:45:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>I don't know when
>the harder pressing that you refer to started happening.
>
>   >>Me either but the few sets I use show a difference currently.
>
>I have a set of
>hammers that I ordered for the C about 2 months ago.  We'll see how they
>are.  And we'll see if the set after that is similar (which would be a
>first for Steinway).  Renner at 7 sounds OK.  Ronsen Wurzen at 5 sounds OK
>(don't agree about the Bacon felt though, unless things have
>changed).  Don't agree about the Steinway being 4.5 unless things have
>changed dramatically recently.
>
>  >> ... we'll see
>  >>    Dale

A little background info might help this make more sense to the list.  The
e-mail that Dale forwarded was from a private exchange between him and
me.  In an earlier e-mail he had taken exception to me categorizing
Steinway and Ronsen/Bacon hammers as 'really soft'.  On a scale of 1 to 10
he thought that Renner Blues should be 7, Ronsens 5, and Steinways 4.5

Phil Ford