Today's Puzzler

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:48:41 -0500

Gosh,  Janeetah....ahem....here I thought I spoke pianist.  ;-)

I would have a number of guesses.

Damper stop set too high (but you would never do that would you?).  :-)

Damper bushings.

Maybe the pianist doesn't like the bass to treble balance (even though you
said the voicing was OK).

What are the touchweight numbers?

I'll stop speculating now.  Can't wait to hear the pianist's further
explanation.

Barbarie Richmond, RPT
somewhere near Peoria, IL

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jenneetah" <yardbird@vermontel.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 8:07 PM
Subject: Today's Puzzler

In the piano complaints box of a summer chamber music program was the
slip of paper with the message: "(The warmer of two Ds on the stage)
= G3 and lower register strings are kind of loose."

Any guesses? No problem with the promptness of damping, or voicing,
or play in the key front bushing, or bridge pins. I'm going to track
down the pianist during the day tomorrow, but until then I thought
you folks could have fun with it. (I contemplated raising the pitch a
300¢.)