dampp chaser installation question

Marcel Carey mcpiano@videotron.ca
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:42:59 -0400

Hello all!

Just last week I saw a dampp chaser installation I hadn't done. The
person tied the heater bar electrical wire to the dehumidifier rod. It
sure looked neater than my usual "let's shove all those wires in and
just make sure they don't touch the strings". Now, my question is:
Could the heater bar (50 watts) become hot enough to melt the plastic
wire covers and cause problems?

I'd like to see my installations get better looking (Who's going to
look anyway), but I'm concerned about safety.

Thanks

Marcel Carey
2852 Dussault
Rock Forest  QC