Inquiring mind

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 13:12:41 -0300

Hi Richard,
It is too bad that the local techs, are not friendly.
Possibly, they are insecure in their own job prospects, and if the suggest you to do something, they can't, the customer might change to you.
Are you a member of CAPT, or PTG?
The meetings, should foster, camaraderie.
I can't remember how things were, when I got into the business. But I know that I had a music teacher, and a store that I did work for, and they gave me a good start.
I am in a rural area, and when I started, I had no one who would help me, re job training, they were also, protective of their turf.
The PTG, and their Conventions, were the most help to me.
Good luck.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: lgulli2586
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2004 11:35 AM
  Subject: Inquiring mind

  Hello
  I am new to the list, and find the archives, info and humour
  informative and entertaining.
  I am in Sothern Ontario, Canada, and although there are a dozen tecks and tuners hear, it is not a friendly envirement, most keep to themselves. No referals for work etc, even though they may not be set up to do repairs etc.
  I feel pretty much on my own.
  What I would like to know is general in nature...how old is everybody...how long in biz...how many private..how many tunes a week etc...I want to determine where I am after 3.5 years full time
  Richard Gullion