Upright Damper Felt Source

Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:24:19 +0200

Hi David

Well, I certainly can understand the sentiment. I guess its just that I
feel there is really nothing you can do about the situation. Yamaha,
Steinway, and literally all the rest make their own policy and there is
little we can do to influence that.  If they choose a path that truly
costs them money or market share... then they make a correction...
otherwise they assume all is well enough.

So I choose to look at the bright side. Grey pianos are open season
items for piano techs and rebuilders.  Most often you are presented with
instruments that you can make large improvements on if you can talk the
customer into investing in needed repairs.  And action work is one of
those areas where a guy like yourself who knows a good bit about how to
make em fly can get nice and creative.. and to produce a beauty of your own.

So instead of getting upset about something you can't change... I
suggest only to get jazzed about that which you can... if you get my
meaning.

I mean... so what if you cant get Yamaha parts.....  Think through an
alternative that is perhaps even better then the origional... why should
these soundboard redesigner boys have all the fun... eh ?

Cheers
RicB