Upright Damper Felt Source

Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:28:51 -0700

While the call for a boycott may have been slightly hyperbolic, the point
was not.  While many action parts can be substituted, some can't without a
great deal of trouble.  What you suggest is, in fact, what we are doing;
using other's parts or making up a serial number for the piano.  So what is
accomplished other than aggravation for the technician?  Most gray market
buyers are not consulting with techs before purchasing, and, as I
mentioned, even licensed Yamaha dealers are selling gray market pianos.
Doesn't sound like the program is working.  The only thing I see is that
Yamaha is missing the opportunity to make some money on the sale of their
parts and is alienating some technicians who might otherwise support them.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net