Wow

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:07:06 +0200

Dale, I have a friend in Holland, Andre Oorebeck, that seem to have exactly
the same hammers, that is why I choose not to react.

They look very nice, I am also agreeing 100% with the comments about hammer
makers - in fact Abel is actually trying to react against the bad comments
and reclamation they get, but, until they use the Wurzen, I see no way to
get the same warmness and coloration in tone with their hammers,
unfortunately.

So it is not useless in the end to rant and groan, but indeed that is more
constructive to try to understand how to treat and prepare hammers, but also
how are they made, how is the felt made, what are the differences, etc...

This allow us to have a more precise wish for our hammer makers, but also
that keep the mystics and legends out of the picture .

We have enough problems with the modern instruments these days being too
green, made too fast , having a smaller than ever window of good tone, to
add problems with the hammers.

As it seem easier (?) to have hammer corrected than to obtain change in
piano factories, we may of course work on that part of the process.

Best regards.

Isaac OLEG