Freight costs from piano suppliers

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:26:42 -0400

Pam, Are you placing a tiny order (eg one box of bridles straps) and
stunned that the shipping costs are such a high part of the
transaction? On my desktop I have an invoice for a  recent 5 lb, $67
order which had a shipping cost of $7.81, well over 10% of the
transaction.
Yes that seems a bit high now that I think about it. It's not Pianotek
or UPS' fault that gas prices have gone so high.
You should, of course, factor these costs in before you quote parts
prices to your customers.
In other words -- raise your prices if you plan to survive.
Best wishes,
Patrick