Steinway V hammers

Tue, 27 Apr 2004 06:48:51 -0700

It is definitely more thinner than lacquer.  3:1, 4:1, or 5:1 thinner (acetone):nitrocellulose lacquer.  Use water white gloss for the least amount of discoloration to the felt.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 4/27/2004 5:25:21 AM
Subject: Re: Steinway V hammers

In a message dated 4/26/04 1:03:50 PM, A440A@aol.com writes:

Yes,  but on the other hand if the hammers are really too soft the 5 to
1-
will not get the hammer felt stiff enough & trying to switch to a thicker
solution (3-1) solution

OK, I was all ready to go here, and then wait a minute...  5 to 1 is less thick than 3 to 1?  Do I have this backwards?  Is it 5 parts lacquer to 1 part thinner, or vice versa?

Tom Sivak