Wyman Microgrand - YUK!

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:51:35 +0200

Farrell wrote:

> I tuned a Wyman Microgrand the other day. The piano is about a year
> old. Is this a Chinese or Indonesian product? Where on earth did this
> thing come from?

Ah yesss.... one of a growing number of pianos made under this new idea
that a decent design, (ripped off, confiscated, bought up, or however
procurred) and a few hundreds of menial task apes who dont really have a
clue as to what they are really doing but have been taught some single
proceedure.... can be a successfull way of producing high quality
instruments.  What amazes me about this school of thinking is why they
even bother keeping the human part of the equation in there.... I mean
really... if this could really work.. then machines are far better
equipped for the job then are humans... or on the other hand... if you
can really be a complete blithering idiot and still manage to glue a
couple peices of wood together in a meaningfull way.... why not just
train a few hundred chimpanzees up for the various tasks.... you could
even provide them with decent living and working environoments at
extremely low costs and make the animal rights activists happy....

Sounds like another fine example of some piano loving enthusiast
dedicating his / her life to the furthuring of our art.

Poor Paaulo.

Cheers
RicB