Longitudinal partial on Kawai G-23 string

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:20:52 +0200

Hello,

Sorry for you Alan, but I believe no way, out of the display question,
Minimens is using the power of modern computers, as a lot of
computation is due, older machines will be to slow also .

I own a desktop which is a few years old  Pentium II and it works well
on it but yet slower than on a recent laptop I own also (1Ghz) . The 2
machines are running Windows XP . If one does not use the sound
generation, the remaining processes are fast enough (Longitudinal
modes, string's ratio, even the spectra computation. But the samples
mean a good amount of computer time.

Bernhard told me that he just made the integration of Minimens in
Mensurix, a scaling evaluation software he developed some time ago.
That is a good tool I sure wish to have.

Best Regards.

Isaac OLEG