Longitudinal partial on Kawai G-23 string

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 00:41:04 +0200

------=_NextPart_001_0023_01C42994.D2C8F360

Bernhard, Stéphane .

Thanks for this analysis and the nice presentation.

I write as I see we are in the high spheres of piano conception and analysis
there so we have lost most of the passengers during the fly !
<G>

Joke apart I've heard the change in the spectra between the 2 samples also.

That remember me of something we found on some pianos (brand undefined) <H>
. It is well possible that it is considered related to hammers because the
voice try to mask that parasitic noise, and finish with an overnnedled
suspension .

I understand it can be called "kissing noise" but I try to stay more
discrete when kissing !

Can't the longitudinal waves modify the hammer contact ratio , and is it
considered in Minimens ? (because I relate this effect also to a "cardboard
tone" where I feel a less efficient spectra, with more impact noise.

Isaac OLEG

P.S.

<H> stand for "Helmet" like in Flame Suit