Action Rail Hole Spacing

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:46:06 -0500

I recently had to lay out something, don't remember now what it was, where I
had to have x number of holes within so many inches. By doing the math the
spacing came out at something like 25/64ths of an inch. I used a spreadsheet
to determine the decimal coordinate of each spot, then converted the decimal
to 32nds of an inch in the neighbor cell, which is about the smallest I can
approximate with a pencil on a rule. With my spreadsheet giving me the
distance from zero for each hole I just made a pencil mark on my rule. No
cumulative error this way, and the precision for each individual location
was probably +/- .030.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272