C.Lose Square SB

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:36:41 +0200

Joe, and others.

Just got this soundboard and bridge assembly finished and reglued into
the piano to day. Heres a shot of the repaired SB and Bridge before
glueing into the rim.  As you recall the bridge was bent upwards in the
bass, and twisted about 30 degrees.  Took a bit of doing but I got it
straightened out.  It was also fractured just beyond the steep bend on
the high treble side.  The soundboard was severly caved in reverse ways
in the bass section. You've seen the new ribbing design I opted for.

I decided in the end against any cuttoff bars.  The reason was simply
because this instrument is so small. I talked to many about this and tho
no one really objected per se... I kept getting asked if the piano was
big enough to warrant one, and when I gave measurements the reply was
always.... nahh.... probably not worth it.

Anyways... I take off the clamps tommorrow and start finishing the panel
and putting in wood edge liners before going on to finishing off the
damper guide rail repair and restringing. Then the action lays before
me... and boy is THAT going to be fun straightening out.

Cheers
RicB

--------------040902070101080702090903
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...