Harpsichord question

John M. Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 08:20:00 -0500

OK, Avery. I'll tell you what I know about the one harpsichord I've
worked on. It is a Zuckermann which I constructed from a kit. I did this
many moons ago, so the memory is somewhat foggy.

The holes are not driven all the way through to allow tapping the pins.

The height of the tuning pins controls the amount of downbearing on the
front bridge, so they do need to be a certain height. I've forgotten
what the correct height should be, but it has to do with the deflection
angle. Can you look at the others and get a general idea?

Best I can do. :-)

John Formsma