TUNING HAMMERS/LEVERS

david heidel dbheidel@comcast.net
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:02:45 -0700

Thanks to all who helped me with this matter.  Sounds like hammers are a =
fairly subjective tool, and I'm going to try several different ones out =
and go from there.
David
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 6:14 AM
  Subject: Re: TUNING HAMMERS/LEVERS

  In a message dated 4/15/2004 2:55:58 AM Pacific Standard Time, =
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:
    I've been using my Keith Bowman hammer from Renner for several =
years. I love
    it. 'Course, I didn't have to pay for it.

    Terry Farrell

    > Does anyone have recommendations as to a quality hammer - Schaff,
    Watanabe,
    > Jahn, Yamaha, Faulk?  Would love to hear your advice.
    > David
       David
   I've used 2 hammers for years now. One is a watanage extension hammer =
& the other a Yamama solid one piece with a longer tip. Both have a very =
different feel  but as Richard Davenport once said to me "hey you can =
learn to tune with a broom handle if that s all you've got"
     Dale

  Erwins Pianos Restorations=20
  4721 Parker Rd.
  Modesto, Ca 95357