TUNING HAMMERS/LEVERS

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 09:14:53 EDT

In a message dated 4/15/2004 2:55:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:
I've been using my Keith Bowman hammer from Renner for several years. I love
it. 'Course, I didn't have to pay for it.

Terry Farrell

> Does anyone have recommendations as to a quality hammer - Schaff,
Watanabe,
> Jahn, Yamaha, Faulk?  Would love to hear your advice.
> David
     David
 I've used 2 hammers for years now. One is a watanage extension hammer & the
other a Yamama solid one piece with a longer tip. Both have a very different
feel  but as Richard Davenport once said to me "hey you can learn to tune with
a broom handle if that s all you've got"
   Dale

Erwins Pianos Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, Ca 95357