Grotrian lost it's singing tone

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:12:55 -0400

André and Isaac,
         Thank you to you both. I had been thinking along these lines. I
have suggested a Piano Lifesaver system to the music director and he is
hesitating because he doesn't want to see a cord hanging. My assurances of
a good, clean installation did no good. I also am thinking of simply
waiting out the "break in" period. I would hate to see the director with
egg on his face after somehow obtaining a replacement piano only to have
the same problem with it. I'm still a little puzzled by the strong initial
strike and then an immediate drop in power. I find it difficult to describe
too but perhaps picturing a graph where the line starts high and shows a
shelf representing the strike and then an immediate drop and downward trend
representing the decay rate at a lower level than the strike. The only way
I could describe it was an out of phase reaction. Is that incorrect?

Thanks Gents,
Greg