Steinway Upright Verdigris

Shane Owenby shane-owenby@charter.net
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 19:39:12 -0400

Hello List,
I am working with a Steinway Upright that has double hammer butt flanges
which have verdigris.
I have replacement flanges but upon close inspection the green stuff is on
the damper lever wood as well as the damper lever flange.
Do the damper lever and it's flange need to be replaced as well to prevent
the verdigris from returning or could they be cleaned?
If there is a cleaning method (which I hope) what are the recommended
cleaners?
Comments and suggestions greatly appreciated.
Shane Owenby
Weaverville, NC