"Bobbling" hammers on a new Yamaha U3. ( Please help! )

Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:40:23 +0200

gordon stelter wrote:

>Light play and moderate play.

Beginning to look more and more like something to do with that last bit
of travel... if you are getting borderline bobbling only on light to
moderate play... something is giving under hard play that isnt when you
are playing light.  This is where your suggestion from Yamaha fits it...
They want you to take the damper springs out of the question by
depressing the whole set... and see if it still happens.

Thing is... if the design (with regard to jack length and angle a.o.) is
also borderline then you dont have a lot of room for error... and you
start hearing comments like "its either power or bobbling" as we've
heard.  Course you have to solve for bobbling. :)

Cheers
RicB