"The Monstrous Medley of Maudlin Melodies" OT

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:46:16 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Sarah,
    Sorry if I stepped on your toes! "I'm a
sentimemtal sap, that's all...", and I love
"tearjerkers" as much ( or more ) than anyone!
 "A portrait of Jennie" and "7th Heaven"  ( Jimmy
Stewart, Simone Simone version ) being my two top
"12 hankie" films.  BUT I DO draw the line at
"My Funny Valentine", which
Rodgers and Hart considered an insignificant
"throwaway", and which sounds, for all the world, like
a funeral dirge!
   ( Gimme "Sweet Lorraine" anyday! )
    But Rodgers is my  #1 all time favorite American
composer.
     Thump