Is my memory going?

Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:24:16 -0700

I think it's best to discuss with the customer how often the piano should
be serviced (and how often they want it serviced) at the first appointment.
How frequently you end up doing it will depend on a number of factors.
After that, you can either book the next appointment while you are there or
put them on a reminder schedule, which is what I do.  I generally send out
a preprinted postcard.  With a database that has a mail merge it takes only
a few minutes each month to get the cards out.  If I don't hear from them
after the card has been sent, I call.  I send out cards each month and I
call all those who have not responded before I send out the next month's
reminders.  Since you've already established that the customer wants to
keep the piano on a certain schedule, the phone call becomes a courtesy
rather than telemarketing call.   I find that about half respond to the
cards and the other half need to be called  as well.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net