Is my memory going?

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 00:56:57 +0100

John Ross wrote;

frequent basis, is unethical. Now I am talking of the little old lady, on a
fixed income, that only plays for her own enjoyment.  Not a situation, where
a child is taking lessons, or a serious player.">>>> etc,etc.

I have a whole lot of pianos on my list that I do not ever want to see
again. But Sod's Law takes over and you can bet those owners do call back. I
am thinking of printing 2 sets of business cards, one with the wrong phone
number.

A month ago I tuned a piano for a 93 year old lady and she said to me that
that would be the last time she will be having this piano tuned. When I
finished tuning it I played a few tunes and she got so excited that she
started dancing, lost her balance and fell over backwards. I did manage to
catch her in time.

Then when it was time to pay she asked me how much, I said £35; she said
"that's cheap, here have £30".    !!!???   At her age I didn't argue. I
didn't want to spoil her moment.

AF

PS she has left her piano to me in her will!