AB Chase Concert Grand

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:24:40 -0700 (PDT)

I think that the rim and posts are there to keep the
plate from twisting, support the soundboard, and
transfer wayward vibrations from place to place so
that they can be transformed into audible energy by
the soundboard, before they are mutated into heat by
absorption of the piano's materials.
    They are also there so that we can "Ooooh!" at how
big and strudy they are, and marvel about the day when
things were "Built to Last".
    Thump

 rather than

=== message truncated ===