AB Chase Concert Grand

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 21:20:01 -0400

At 8:37 PM -0400 4/5/04, JIMRPT@aol.com wrote:
>Aren't nose bolts fastened into beams??? Isn't that a connection? Don't
>'most' pianos have nosebolts?? Have I missed something?? If
>so...just ignore my
>questions. :-)

That's true. However they don't stand in line between the block and
the hitchpin web, bracing directly against the string load. They do
perform a "tension bracing" in that they prevent the plate struts and
hitchpin webs from buckling upwards, but it's not the compression
bracing provided by the horn.

(I'll go back to sleep now.)

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"I gotta go ta woik...."
     ...........Ian Shoales, Duck's Breath Mystery Theater