Non-ETs; more organic than ET?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 21:19:24 -0700 (PDT)

I have a high degree of respect for Ed Foote, and he
knows a lot more about specialized and historic
tunings than I do. I'm primarily a rebuilder.
     But I'm also a professional musician specializing
in the chordally highly complex, more advanced popular
piano playing styles of the 1890-1940 period.
     ( As one would find on a good Ampico or Duo-art
roll from the late 1920's )
      My guess as to why the gripping, heart-wrenching
chords found in this music were not in early Classical
music is that they only became feasible in ET.
    That's all.

     Thump