OT Non-ETs; more organic than ET?

Dean May DeanMay@PianoRebuilders.com
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 21:24:28 -0500

Actually, there are no "provable" facts without first some basic
presuppositions of faith. Thus there can be no real science without faith.
For instance, scientific inquiry depends on the presumption of orderliness
and predictability. And many, if not most, fundamental theorems in all
disciplines require some tenet of faith. It can be demonstrated to be true,
we know it is true, but we can't prove it is true. Our presuppositions about
the nature of truth will drive our scientific inquiry.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of A440A@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 5:44 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Non-ETs; more organic than ET?

Don writes:

<< "I maintain that cosmic religiousness is the strongest and most noble
driving force of scientific research."
Albert Einstein

Hogwash to your orignal statement I think? Game set and match too! >>

     Umm,  exactly how does this statement describe how a scientist deals
with spiritual matters?   The original was that scientists cannot, by
definition,
prove or disprove things in the spiritual world. science must proceed on
proveable facts, and there are none when it comes to matters of faith. So,
exactly
what facts can science prove about the spiritual world?
    I think your ball is in the net, maybe you want to go pick it up and try
serving again?

Ed Foote RPT