Yamaha Colsole, Sharps checking on trill with sustainpedaldepressed.

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sat, 3 Apr 2004 17:39:58 -0700

It also eases the neighboring key <O((
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dean May=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2004 5:03 PM
  Subject: RE: Yamaha Colsole, Sharps checking on trill with =
sustainpedaldepressed.

  Normally the spring of the damper lever aids the key in returning to =
rest position. If everything is working as it should, you shouldn't need =
this extra help. If the sustain pedal is on, this "help" from the damper =
spring is effectively disabled. That means that any extra friction =
anywhere in the mechanism is going to show up as a sluggish key. It most =
likely is the front rail bushing, but could be the balance rail, one of =
the action centers or hammer spring out of place.=20

  =20

  And yes, jamming a screwdriver between keys while holding them down =
(this makes the bushing fully engage the pin where the binding occurs) =
and twisting back and forth is a quick and dirty method of easing front =
rail bushing. Just don't tell anyone. ;-)

  =20

  Dean

  =20

  Dean May             cell 812.239.3359