RC vs CC again

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:18:17 +0200

Well.. dont know.. but upon directly asking the folks I know at Steinway
on two occasions
I've been told machine crowned ribs, panel dried out to just under 5%.
Curved caul is also correct.

I dont think there is any question as to whether or not the board is CC
and crown is primarilly panel supported tho.

But I'll ask some more in a couple weeks. The annual Nordic Piano
Technicians Convention is up and I'm attending and giving a class again.
Andre's on the bill this year as well. Folks like Jan Grossbach will be
there.. and if anyone knows this kind of thing... he's one of them.

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne