RC vs CC again

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:25:30 +0200

Phillip Ford wrote:

> > David,
>
> I don't remember in all cases.  I know on a few of the pianos that I saw they had used Renner shanks and Abel hammers.  It could very well have contributed to my reaction to the pianos.  There are so many variables to contend with in trying to make evaluations of any individual element.  It would be interesting to play a piano that represents what the advocates of rib crowning believe to be a prime example of their principles put into action.

Yamahas ???

btw.. anyone know if Boston pianos use rib crowning or compression
boards. Steinway New York uses machine crowned ribs and dries the panel
down to 5% or below and have for a long time I understand from sources I
have there. Acording to Hamburg they've been doing things the same way
for a hundred years. So I was wondering if they decided to try RC boards
in Bostons.. since Kawaii produced them... or whether they were sticking
with a CC /machined crowned ribs  combination.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.