Steinway re-string

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Sun, 28 Sep 2003 02:11:11 +0100

Hello Richard,

You wrote;

>>"Hi, all,
  I thought you all might be interested to see how some tooner here in
Panama restrung this poor Steinway. The bass strings sound absolutely
terrible. I gave the guy a quote to restring the bass, but I think he's just
going to live with what he's got. What a shame.">>

It seems that that tooner should have been re-strung! I bet you those are
Hexacore replacement strings that he used and found that they were not long
enough. Curiously enough, it would have worked out more expensive doing it
that way. No wonder the piano sounds terrible.
Regards
Alan Forsyth