Enormous thread on soundboards

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:44:34 -0400

HTML MessageThank you David for sharing the eloquent and thoughtful =
statement below.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David M. Porritt=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 10:35 AM
  Subject: Enormous thread on soundboards

  After reading so many messages about sounding boards over the last few =
weeks, some observations:

  SNIP

  I'm grateful for the few people who will work to improve our chosen =
profession.  They do it in small shops, experiment with their own money, =
and manufacture innovative designs in single units.  They share what =
they have learned with us and urge us to do better work.  For this, they =
get criticism of their ideas, and insult to their motives.  I hope they =
stick with their work, and continue to contribute to this list.  The =
Steinway founders did the same thing building their instruments in their =
own home.  Without people like this we'd still be playing clavichords.=20

  SNIP