compression ridges in New Baldwin grand

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 00:40:21 EDT

          Thanks Mark I really appreciate your clarity and concilitory
remarks. How refreshing!
  Dale
Richard -

As the one who started this thread out of concern for pronounced ridges in a
new Baldwin, I feel compelled to make an observation here.  I don't have the
SLIGHTEST idea what it is you are actually aguing for or against!  From my
perspective, Del and Ron have been 100% consistent with regard to their views on
CC vs. RC boards for many years now.  Put as concisely as I can, this is my
"Cliff Notes" version:

1.  Many CC boards sound great for many many years, including those in
Steinways of all eras
2.  Many CC boards exhibit structural problems very early on, including those
in Steinways of all eras
3.  They think the odds of it sounding great longer should and can be better.
4.  The RC board is an alternative that they feel addresses that.
5.  There has never been any claims that I recall regarding superior tone of
either, given healthy boards of each.
6.  Good reasoning has been given countless times.
7.  There has never been any claim that every CC board is doomed to early
failure

Say goodnight, Gracie....

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com