compression ridges in New Baldwin grand

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:22:29 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >In anycase... the fact remains... the description of the compression
> >soundboard as a built in self exploding time bomb that will loose all its
> >essence of musicality with in some few seasons.... just will not ring home to
> >the vast majority of those out there with experience in using these
> >instruments.
>
> Once again, blown far beyond the claims and detailed discussions conducted
> around this information. "Losing all it's essence of musicality in just a
> few seasons" shouldn't "ring true" for anybody because it's nonsense. While
> it makes a fine case for you, it's nowhere near the sum of the detailed
> information given in the many past discussions. I'm really disappointed
> that you thought so little of the time and effort taken to explain this
> stuff to you in such detail that you choose to ignore the bulk of it and
> condense it into something it never was for a one sided argument.

Oh baloney.. number one.. you are taking this far to serious.. number two.. I
havent said anything at all about my own personal feelings on the matter, I have
only related the very real dilema the compressionists find themselves in. Number
three... spare me the disappointed line...I mean really. And number four... this
series of responses from you just goes to underline one of the things I've been
saying all along... you guys seem too desperate.... resorting to personal
accusations of knowing nothing, hearing nothing... ignoring everthing.... who are
you trying to impress with all this ?

I listen very carefully, and I think so much of what I hear that I am willing to
question it instead of swallowing it whole. Willing to challange it instead of
nodding my nose up and down. Just because I see there are some << problems >> with
your reasoning... you choose to subject me to these kinds of postings. Sorry Ron..
I know you dont like it when somebody dissagrees...with you. but hey.. thats life.
Just because they do... doesnt make them ignorant, disregarding, not able to hear
whats been said, or the rest of this spiel of yours.

RIcB

> >Nor does it seem to be absolutely true in its own strict claims
> >to begin with.
> >
> >RicB
>
> There's another one - "absolutely". Apparently another condensation of
> detailed information into something that was never claimed.

So.. lets see... the compression soundboard does NOT necessarilly cause any
compression damage that renders the soundboard inferior in performance to rib
crowned boards ?? If its not such a big deal after all... then why should anyone
stop making them ?