compression ridges in New Baldwin grand

Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:08:46 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> >Sorry... but thats reality.
>
> Not exactly. That's your version of reality leaving out all the details and
> qualifiers that we've gone over with you repeatedly and in great detail
> over the last few years. This was apparently a waste of time in your case,
> since you don't now seem to have any idea what was discussed and why, or
> what we collectively said.

For someone who disregards the 95 % majority on a routine basis has having any
validity with regard to what constitutes a soundboard problem doesnt... I find
this... comical at best. Again you resort to assertions of a personal nature,
in yet another one of these attempts to wash away any validity to any opposing
viewpoint. Grin.. and you say its me who puts words and meanings in your
mouth... ya gots to love it.

> >Convince the world... and you win. So far... its still Steinway 95, the
> >rest of the world 5. Pretty overwhelming.
> >
> >RicB
>
> One last futile question. Have any of the people favoring rib crowning
> soundboards ever said that all Steinways sounded bad, or that a good rib
> crowned board sounded better than a good compression crowned board? I'm not
> interested in what you intuitively think might have been implied when
> enough detail is ignored, I want to know if any of us have ever said this.

Hey... its you who preach the self destruct thing... what.... you trying to
tell me that you believe the instrument will sound just as good whether its
soundboard self destructs or not ?? Come on... Either you take a stand or you
dont.