compression ridges in New Baldwin grand

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 00:08:55 -0500

>My question is this:  In the absence of any tonal problems, no cracks, no
>buzzes, no killer octave problems (yet), at what point do you consider
>this an issue that should be brought up with the dealer/manufacturer?

If you have no tone production problem and no negative crown and/or bearing
to point to, you have no claim.

>am quite concerned that this soundboard is in an accelerated
>self-destruct mode, and hate to see the customer have to find that out
>3-4-5 years down the road, but I can hear the dealer denying any problems
>with it as we speak.
>
>Any opinions?
>
>Mark Potter

I'd say your concern is justified, but it really isn't the dealer's problem
either. It's the manufacturer's fault, and the customer's problem. The
dealer is responsible for neither the design and production of the
instrument, nor the climate control or lack of it that produced the
compression ridges that will likely eventually become cracks.

Ron N