How do you get them to shut the #%$@ up?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:35:34 -0500

>Seems like it happens on the cruise ships at least one a month - the
>announcement over the LOUD PA system: "For the next hour we will be
>testing the PA system."
>
>Oh, joy!  ;-(
>
>Terry Farrell

Schools. A pure tone at 110db for over five seconds at what seem to be
random intervals. Reading of the lunch menu, most wanted list,
administrative organizational patches and scheduling changes, lost and
found, and assorted inspirational musings delivered by the intermittently
illiterate at a similar decibel level. Then the band fires up next door and
you learn that soundproofing was eliminated early on from the architectural
plans along with humidity control.

But they want a discount, right?

Ron N