Steinway K Double flange(s)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:29:56 -0700

Avery said:
"I also have one of these at the university. There's also a good
argument for replacing the whole action with a "normal" one! :-)
But that, too, is way expensive! And besides, I don't have the
expertise to "design" one for Renner to build! :-)"

Avery,
There already is an Action that works, for a "K" retrofit....The Fandrich
Action, (Darrell Fandrich & Sons). In fact the first piano he put his action
into was a Steinway "K". Killer piano, IMHO!<G>
So, no need to "design" one. And, Renner does make those action parts, etc.
Of course they are exclusive for Darrell Fandrich and Renner is not allowed
to sell them w/o Darrell's express permission. (As far as I know.)
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I